Robert Wafula (photo above) is the Principal of FTC. He holds a PhD degree in Cultural Studies in Education; Master of Arts in International Affairs from Ohio University, and Master of Arts in Religious Studies from Earlham School of Religion (US). His functions as Principal include serving as chief executive officer and representing FTC among its constituencies in Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania, as well as its sister Friends organizations in Rwanda, Burundi, and Congo. On the FTC campus he oversees the administrative and teaching staff, and is an encourager and friend to FTC students.
Rodgers Mukimba Wekesi is the Academic Dean of FTC. He took over from Margaret Amudavi in November, 2018. He has a Masters degree in Theology (MTH) from St. Paul’s University specializing in Old Testament studies. He is also a doctoral candidate of PhD in Religious Studies at Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology. He is tasked with coordinating the work of the teaching staff, takes the lead in curriculum improvements, teaches courses in her field, and assists the Principal in representing FTC affairs among our constituent campuses, yearly meetings and other forums as the principal will grant the permission.
Kevin Sanya is the College Finance Officer. As the Finance Officer, Kevin’s job description involves providing financial and administrative support to the FTC Administration and stakeholders. His role includes but not limited to: Assisting in the preparation of budgets; managing records and receipts; reconciling daily, monthly, and yearly transactions; preparing balance sheets; developing an in-depth knowledge of organizational products and processes.
The Dean of Students is Meshack Musindi. He has extensive experience in pastoral work and leadership in the Friends Church in Kenya. For FTC, he manages student activities, practical ministry assignments, and student discipline. He is candidate for Master of Missiology degree.
Regyna Aura is the Administrative Secretary to the office of the Principal. She also doubles up as the College Registrar who works in collaboration with and under the directive of the office of the Academic Dean. Her role includes:
- Management of proficiency based education to both traditional and online students (by providing strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills).
- Creates and maintains collaborative working relationships with institutional leadership, faculty, and staff and support FTC programs and policies as established by the board of Management, the administrative team, and the academic entities.
- Acts as a central communication resource for the academic and policy information related to student records management.
- As the Registrar, Regyna is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the academic record.
- In collaboration with the Academic Dean, Regyna handles all operations in the registration process. This include: record creation, course schedule building, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, grade processing, transcript issuance, and student enrollment verification.
- Regyna also performs other official duties as directed by the Office of the Principal and/or the office of the Academic Dean.