The main campus in Kaimosi is located close to the highway from Kisumu to Eldoret, between the Cheptulu and Shamakhokho markets and convenient for matatu and bus service. There are many other educational institutions in Kaimosi, including primary and secondary schools, a technical college, a teacher training college, and a university, all founded in one way or another by Friends. Friends Hospital Kaimosi is now operated by the National Council of Churches of Kenya under the Jumuia brand, and is providing high quality services.
The full range of academic programmes are offered on the Kaimosi campus in both modular and residential formats.
The campus includes the following facilities:
- Chapel — This building is the spiritual “centre” of the campus. It is a beautiful and simple octagonal structure that accommodates daily worship services, weekly convocations, and other events.
- Administration building — This building houses the college reception office, office space for most administrators and faculty, and a conference room that serves the board of managers and the faculty.
- Library — The Edith Ratcliff Memorial Library bears the name of a woman who served as a Friends missionary in Kenya for more than fifty years. It houses a large collection of computers to provide access to digital resources that complement the broad collection of theological books and journals.
- Dining Hall — The FTC staff prepares meals for students while on campus, utilizing the dairy products and vegetables provided by FTC cows, gardens, and greenhouses.
- Classroom buildings — Classes are held in two buildings with rooms of varying sizes.
- Hostels — One women’s hostel and two men’s hostels provide sleeping spaces and laundry areas.
- Staff housing — Administrators, faculty, and staff are housed in one section of the campus as space permits.
- Farm — The college maintains a profitable dairy herd that serves the dining hall and the community, as well as vegetable crops for the dining hall.
A large water tank supplies the campus with reliable water. Solar electricity was installed in 2016 to supply the entire main campus.
Facilities are available to hire for conferences and seminars.
Future development plans for the campus include a hostel that will accommodate FTC students while also generating income by renting to students of the new Friends University.
Use the contact tab on this website to communicate with the administration of the main Kaimosi campus.